Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

My husband and I were excited to host a Fourth of July bbq for our family this year.
Here are some photos from the party.


The framed American flag was a very easy and inexpensive project I did last minute before the party. I got a frame on sale at Michaels for about $5 and the flag for less than $1
I found these great little star dishes in the candle holder and vases aisle at Wal-Mart for $1.50 each. They made perfect candy dishes (I have since found the same star dishes at Dollar Tree).



I wrapped patriotic paper around tin cans and threw in some fabric daisies I had lying around the house for an almost free centerpiece.



A few weeks before the party I started saving paper towel and toilet paper rolls to make these little rockets. Scrapbook paper and ribbon are all it takes.

Before the party I went grocery shopping with my mom for the food and drinks. She couldn't help but tease me about buying only drinks that came in a red or blue can. I can't help myself! I need cohesiveness throughout the entire setup.

Three inexpensive picture frames, a 99 cent bandana and some wooden letter cutouts from the craft store made this easy project under $10.00

I used my vinyl cutter to make new labels for the water bottles. I also love the red and white Kikkerland  paper straws.

Chocolate stars adorned our cupcakes

Nothing screams summer more to me than homemade strawberry ice cream



No comments:

Post a Comment